An online event challenging you to write a spoof science paper.
We will ask you a 'Tell me why?' kind scientific question to which your reasoning should be anything but the true answer. Envelop your paper with innovation, creativity and a tinge of humour in a strict adherence to the universal format of a Scientific Paper.
• Develop an outlandish hypothesis.
• Test your hypothesis with nonsensical experiments.
• Validate your results with wacky graphs and figures and report your bizarre explanation.
• There will be 10 problem statements out of which participants have a choice to pick from.
• One paper can have at most 5 authors.
• Registration will be done in the name of only one, but the paper must mention all authors.
• There is no word limit. However short and crisp papers are in the benefit of the authors.
• Upload the papers in .doc, .docx file formats only
Procedure for Submissions of Papers
- The submissions will take place from 25th February till 9th March, 2010 12:00 p.m.
- Register your teams here
- Please mail in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title as "Don't Tell Me Why 2010"
- Name the file (.doc or .docx only) as: 'DTMY followed by question number'. For example, if you have chosen the question 5 your file should be named : *DTMY5*
- The body of the mail should contain the following details:
• Names and e-mail ID's of all the authors
• Colleges in which each of them are currently studying
• Contact numbers of all the authors
- Paper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Project Presentation
- Code & Simulate
- Develop & Discover
- Online Events
- Guest Lectures
- Samsung Events
- TMH IQ Championship