You may have learned the rules of the foreign exchange market or perhaps make money in the Stock Market through your judgements. But have you ever wondered that the insurance market can also yield profits? If you thought stocks, options and currencies are the only way to grab the notes, think again! An event based upon expectations, on popular beliefs and mastermind strategies directed at not only at gaining money but also at making others lose!
This event will be conducted in two stages:
• Prelims: We will be conducting a quiz to select the top ten teams who will battle it out in the second round.
• Finals: There will be 3 different insurance portfolios and each of the finalists will be given a random profile. The situation in the economy at the point of offering the portfolio is given and the situation within each household is told.
A large-scale event which affects the whole economy and its implications would be given. The teams have to re-work their strategy one portfolio after the other.
- • Each team will have a limit on the cash value.
- • A news item will be flashed after each portfolio is uncovered. The team which has the maximum net value at the end of the event wins.
- • A team will be eliminated if they are left with zero or negative cash after any one of the news item is flashed.
To be held on-campus during APOGEE 2010 (March 10th-14th)
- Paper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Project Presentation
- Code & Simulate
- Develop & Discover
- Online Events
- Guest Lectures
- Samsung Events
- TMH IQ Championship