"To finish first, you must first finish."- Rick Mears
Fabricate a wireless/wired remote controlled machine which would carry the blocks lying in the arena to its centre in minimum possible time .
• Arena will be octagonal shaped with external side each of length 1200mm.
• The height of the wall in the arena is 200mm.
• There is a starting zone (marked in green) and a Pit zone (marked in red).
• The width if the path in the arena for the bot to move is 300mm.
• There are 12 blocks (4 black + 6 white) randomly placed in the arena.
• Dimensions of the block : 5cm x 5cm x 5cm.
• The goal of the competition is to transfer the blocks by the bot (either by picking them or by dragging them ) into the pit (marked in red). The time duration of one match will be 5min.
• A bot cannot carry more than 2 blocks to the pit at a time.
• The machine must fit in a box of dimension 200m x 200mm x 200m (Length x Breadth x Height) prior to the event violation of which will lead to negative points.
• Machine is not allowed to dismember itself or leave its parts on any part on the arena.
• The machine must not in any way damage the arena. Doing so will lead to disqualification of the team.
• The wire of the wired remote should remain slag at any instant of time during the match.
• At the time of beginning the bot should fix inside the box with above specified dimensions but it can change its dimensions during the competition.
•. The machine must use power from a source of DC (max. 12V) electrical energy. Commercial batteries like dry cells and lead acid cells are permitted. Chemicals, compressed gas and rockets, IC engines, fuel, combustion power methods are strictly prohibited.
• The machine must have an onboard source of power. External source of power is not allowed.
RF Remote Specifications
• Remote can have any number of controls depending on your design.
• Remote should work in the frequency range of 26MHz to 56MHz. Otherwise it will interfere with the TV & Radio waves.
•. The frequencies of operation should be written on the remote.
• Use of readymade RF circuit is allowed.
• Team Size: A team must consist of 4 or less participants. Participants from different institutions can form a team.
• The teams must adhere to the spirit of healthy competition. The teams must not damage the opponent's machine in any way. Judges reserve the right to disqualify any team indulging in misbehavior.
• Any team that is not ready at the time specified will be disqualified from the competition automatically.
• The machine would be checked for its safety before the race and would be discarded if found unsafe for other participants and spectators.
•. The name of your machine must be prominently displayed on the machine.
• Every team has to submit their remotes (if using a wireless remote) before the starting of the event.
• All the teams will be divided into groups with two teams in each group and only one team will qualify from each group . Teams qualifying from first round will again be divided into groups of two teams for the next round . Therefore the team which qualifies all the rounds will be declared winner .
• Only one participant from the team will have to place their machine in the Start Zone marked green and start it once the time has begun.
• Failure to follow any of the above rules will lead to disqualification of the team from the event.
• Judges decision shall be treated as final and binding on all.
• The organizers reserve all rights to change any or all of the above rules as they deem fit.
• Points = (20 x No. of black blocks ) + (15 x No. Of red blocks) – (20 x No. of timeouts)
• In case if a team wants to touch the bot during the match the team can ask for a time out. A team can ask for any no. of time outs during a match. During time out a team can touch its bot.The time taken in a time out will not be counted in the match duration.
• In case of a tie, a 1 minute match will be played by the two teams. The team with maximum points will be declared the winner among the tied teams.
• The participants are not allowed to enter the arena at any point of time during the game (except for time out) .
•. In case if both teams are not able to complete the tasks in 5 min then the team with maximum points will win.
+ 91 9950676563
- Paper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Project Presentation
- Code & Simulate
- Develop & Discover
- Online Events
- Guest Lectures
- Samsung Events
- TMH IQ Championship